Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Looking on the positive side...

Good afternoon everyone!  My mood is slowly improving since Sunday's decision to not run the MCM... I know in my head I am doing the right thing, but my competitive nature and my heart keep saying, "You can do this!".  But, I am afraid after trying to jog a teensy-tiny amount yesterday, I can't do it right now.

However, this is allowing me time to prepare and get healthy for the Operation One Voice Special Forces Run from Duluth, GA (northeast of Atlanta) to Tampa, FL.  I am very excited.  This will be my fourth year participating and I cannot wait to see so many of my old friends and meet new friends.  The runs are always fun and tiring, but every year I walk away so humbled by the many amazing men and women in our country, serving and just living here.

This year, I will be able to update my blog in "real-time" due to my iPad (Happy Birthday to me!!!).  So, please check during the run and see where we are and what we are doing.  I will, of course post more detailed blogs with images and more after the run, but I cannot wait to have "boots on the ground" for the run!

Thanks to all of you who have sent me e-mails or called to wish me well with being sick.  Your thoughts and prayers mean so much more than you can know!  Thus, I am looking on the positive side, and looking forward to the OOV SOF run starting Nov. 7 - 11.

JCP

No comments:

Post a Comment