Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Cards & Love Actually...

One of my dear friends who lives in the same city as I do, Emily, and I have a Christmas tradition.  We started it a few years back and because it was so much fun, we have continued it.  We are both fans of the movie "Love Actually".  Before I go any farther, if you have not had a chance to watch this film, I would highly recommend it.  Some of the actors are Liam Neeson, Hugh Grant, Alan Rickman, Emma Thompson, Billy Bob Thornton, Bill Nighy, and many many more.  This is one of my all-time favorite movies and I believe it captures the modern-day Christmas spirit fairly well.  Anyway, during the Christmas season, we always get together, have some wine, bring our Christmas Cards and sit down to have a girls night, watch the movie, enjoy a glass of wine and prepare our Christmas cards. 

Well, we did this recently this year, and we had a blast!  It was great catching up after Thanksgiving and seeing what each other had been up to.  As we sat there, watching the movie, addressing cards, we started realizing that this was one of our favorite holiday traditions.  Especially since Christmas cards can oftentimes be tedious work, by doing them together, and enjoying a movie, preparing the Christmas Cards actually became fun. 

I started reflecting at that point about some of my favorite holiday traditions and some of my friends' favorite holiday traditions...  We all have some that are unique to us and some that are unique to our culture.  In the coming weeks, I will comment on some of my favorite traditions and some of my friends' favorite traditions.  But, for now, I am off to enjoy a holiday celebration!

Until We Meet Again,
JCP

No comments:

Post a Comment