Thursday, November 3, 2011

Why hello running legs... it's been a minute...

Well, last night was my first official run since apparently contracting the plague (I jest... but really... who gets a sinus infection, bronchitis, strep throat and walking pneumonia at the same time... this cat apparently).  I decided to play it safe and jog on a treadmill at the gym.  Now, to be fair, let me explain my rationale on this since I am not huge on treadmills.

First, I was afraid about how my lungs would do, since, you know, I've been coughing one of my lungs up every few moments(gross, but the most accurate way to describe how bad the coughing was) and I didn't want to get 4 miles from home and realize I couldn't do anymore.  Second, it was dark and I don't like to run solo after dark.  Anyway, so I went to my local gym, stretched, took a deep breath (well as deep as I can right now) stepped on the treadmill and started my jog.  Before I knew it, 6 miles had passed and I decided I had pushed my lungs enough for one day.

As I was stepping off the treadmill, it hit me how much I had missed running.  It wasn't that I am incredibly fast or will ever break any world record.  For me, it is just freeing to let my legs do what they were meant to do and let my brain relax and think about nothing curing cancer and creating a lasting world peace.

I am going to go run again tonight.  Now that I know my lungs aren't going to collapse / kill me, I am eager to get my strength back and do the Operation One Voice Special Operations Forces Run next week and a half marathon in 2 weeks!!!  Until tomorrow!

JCP

No comments:

Post a Comment