Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving and the Gobble Wobble...

Well, since I am a few days behind in posting I will now get to my Thanksgiving adventure!  Why a Thanksgiving adventure you ask?  Well, because just a Thanksgiving story would be trite and I wouldn't have anything to talk about! haha!

Ok, so I got up at the crack of dawn (not really...more like 5 AM) and I was on the road to Charleston, SC.  After several hours of singing along to Christmas music, and enjoying my red bull and peanut butter M&M's I rolled into Charleston. I was pretty proud of myself that I navigated my way to the hotel without directions or an address (not that I'm bragging at all... would I ever do that! haha).  Anyway, upon arrival we went to S.N.O.B. (Slightly North of Broad) for lunch and it was yummy (as always!).  After lunch we browsed the marketplace and local stores.  We found some *amazing* candied apples - see below for a pic and purchased some praline pecans... yum! Soon, I found myself in a food coma.  I'm not going to lie, it was amazing!  I woke up completely refreshed and ready to go... EAT MORE FOOD! haha...

Anyway, we wanted a low-key dinner so we went to a place called the Griffon (voted the best fish & chips in Charleston for a few years in a row) which was just down the road from the hotel.  It was excellent.  I'm sorry, there is just nothing better than fish and chips, a cold pint of beer and family.  We had a wonderful dinner and then headed back to the hotel.

The next morning I ran in the Gobble Wobble 5K.  A couple of things on this... a 5K was the shortest run I've done in quite some time... it was a mental change for me to only run 3 miles and not 15+.  Moreover, nobody paid attention to the directions and the also "unspoken" rules of running... I will do a post on that later...  Anyway, it was a pretty little run.  We started at Marion Square, ran up Meeting Street until we reached the Battery and then proceeded along the Battery until King Street and finished up King until we reached Marion Square again.  After meeting back up with the family, we proceeded back to the hotel, cleaned up and walked to lunch at Blossom... YUM!  We proceeded to spend the rest of the day relaxing and hanging around Charleston.  Early Friday morning we headed on out since we all had things to do back in Tennessee.  I hope everyone else's Thanksgiving was as happy as mine was.  God Bless.

Until We Meet Again,
JCP

The most amazing candy apples.  Ever. 

The Griffon, a hole-in-the-wall pub in the historic district of Charleston.  Great place to go for fish and chips and a cold pint!

Me after the Gobble Wobble 5K!

No comments:

Post a Comment