Thursday, October 13, 2011

It's a Dog's Life...

So, this morning, I took my dog, Sadie, to the groomer today to get all "pretty" for this coming weekend!  We arrived at the groomer's at the crack of 7 AM (for those of you who know me, mornings are not exactly what I would call my strong suit... in fact... I am really bad at mornings).  I filled out all the necessary paperwork, showed the required documentation, left the appropriate contact information and headed out the door.  A few hours later, I get a phone call that Ms. Sadie is ready to pick up.  When I got there, she was so excited (apparently, she had been running around with some of the other dogs and was worked up!) that she was jumping a good 2 or 3 feet in the air... Yep, Michael Jordan's jumping ability pales in comparison to my dog...

Anyway, we get back to the office and next thing you know, one of my coworker's families stops by and they have two daughters, and before you can say "Cheese" the kids and Sadie are rolling around on the ground playing!  And... one of the girls brought Sadie a treat!  What a doggie day of heaven... spa and then playing with kids!!!

After the kids left, Sadie promptly went back to her pillow in my office, had a snack and fell asleep... It's a tough life, but somebody has to do it! 

It's a dog's life... and yes, the groomer put a bow in.  Sadie was too tired to shake it out of her fur!
JCP

No comments:

Post a Comment