Tuesday, September 20, 2011

T - 6 weeks!

So... I was looking at my calendar today and realized that I am less than 6 weeks away from my marathon!  Ok, so this realization was met with a few moments of trepidation and a few moments of panic... After those passed, and I got my head on straight, I am really excited about the run.  My training has gone as well as it could with life thrown into the mix, so I am excited to see how the run goes!

On another note, this weekend I am running a mud run on Saturday.  I've never run one before, so I am super excited.  One of my friends is coming in and we are running the mud run in the morning and then enjoying some beer after.  Then... on Sunday (and, yes, I fully acknowledge what a brilliant planner I am!!!) a couple of us are running the Bluegrass Half Marathon... Yes... I know, the day before I am doing a mud run through obstacles... I'm a sharp one!  Anyway, I am actually quite excited about this weekend as the mud run benefits the Marine Corps Toys for Tots program and the Half Marathon fits nicely into my training schedule!  

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'" Peter Maher, Canadian marathon runner

Off to run!

JCP

No comments:

Post a Comment