Friday, September 23, 2011

Off Running...

Well, so today is going to be one of those days... I will be overly motivated and post twice today!  The first post is about yesterday...  Do you ever have those days where you just get so frustrated, yet cannot say anything or really fix it?  Well, that was my day yesterday.  After getting home super late from a meeting that was not exactly what I would call exciting or fun, in fact it was quite the opposite. 

Anyway, after returning from that, I just felt the need to get control, so I went running.  It was dark and wet and honestly, it was probably a miracle I didn't injure myself, but, it was so incredibly worth it.  By the time I got home (from what I might add was a super speedy run, haven't run that fast or that hard in a long time) I was in control of things again, and my world was right-side up.  Isn't it amazing how sometimes, just sometimes, a run can put life in perspective again? 

"There are as many reasons for running as there are days in the year, years in my life. But mostly I run because I am an animal and a child, an artist and a saint. So, too, are you. Find your own play, your own self-renewing compulsion, and you will become the person you are meant to be."  George Sheehan

JCP

No comments:

Post a Comment