Thursday, August 11, 2011

Singing in the rain... or my shower at least!

Well, I am happy to report that at 8:30 PM EST my plumbing project was completed!  I am not going to lie; I did a little happy dance!  For those of you who are thinking that this seems a bit silly and over-the-top, I assure you, it's not!  This project was a project that I optimistically (and now in hindsight I see how delusional I was) thought would take 1 - 2 hours.  Reality check - It took 2 *days*!  For everything that happened on day 1(or as I lovingly refer to it, my misadventures in plumbing, propane torches, and remaining calm), please refer to my post - Do not try this at home

Well, let me catch you up on what happened yesterday.  I was working and my grandmother's plumber / handyman who is installing the new shower handle called to say that he would be at my house around 11:30 AM if I could come and let him in.  When I got there, he was ready to go!  Fast-forward to 5:15 when I am heading home.  I pull into my driveway and notice that both he and my grandmother are in my garage and are still dealing with the plumbing.  Not what I had anticipated.  Well, they said that they had it under control and were fixing one last leak. Thus, I ushered my grandmother inside to rest on my couch while I left for a training run.  When I got back, I saw the plumber / handyman's truck was gone and I got excited!  Surely they must be done!

WRONG!  He needed one last replacement part!  Lowe's trip #5 (trips #3 & #4 were during the day yesterday).  Anyway, so I sit and wait until he returns.  We finally get the piece in place and... it works... nothing was leaking!  So, we hurry inside to install the handle and after only a few mishaps and accidental showers, the new handle was installed!  Thus, when I took my first shower with the new handle last night I was definitely singing.  My cat sat outside the bathroom and hissed (I don't think Beau appreciates the acquired taste that is my singing) and I found Sadie hiding under the bed.  Well, I know I don't have a snowball's chance of making the London Philharmonic, but I feed those two, they could have at least pretended!

But, the lesson learned from this experience is whenever I need to have plumbing done, hire a professional and be conveniently out-of-town!

Until tomorrow!
JCP

No comments:

Post a Comment