Monday, December 13, 2010

Fa-La-La-La-La

The holiday season has descended upon us!  Christmas carols are being sung, Christmas parties are in full-swing, cider is being poured by the gallon-full, pants everywhere are feeling the strain of the extra calories and cold weather!  This past weekend was an excellent example of how busy the season gets and that sometimes, just sometimes, even those of us with the best of intentions forget what the season is supposed to be about.  I was halfway through attempting to do my volunteer work, attend several Christmas parties, cook food and a semi-panic stricken moment that my Christmas shopping and Christmas cards had yet to be completed when I had to step back and say a small prayer.  I am so fortunate that I have the ability to help others, that I have friends who think enough of me to invite me to their Christmas celebrations, that I am able to cook food to share with others, that I have a job to be able to buy gifts and that I have people to send cards and gifts to.

As we enter the last few days before Christmas, I urge each of us to be thankful for all the things that drive us to the edge during the holidays.... the other crazy shoppers (at least you aren't the only cat who is doing last-minute shopping), the other crazy drivers (seriously, it validates what you have always known- you are in fact an above average driver!), not having enough time to do everything (you are one popular person after all!) wrapping gifts (just remember my mantra this year - bags are just as fun!!!), Santa Claus (It takes a true man to wear red velvet and fur, after all), and the fact that your pants seem a bit tighter than they did a month ago (How can any sane person pass up on the most yummy food all year - remember, that is what January is for, hitting the gym!).

JCP

No comments:

Post a Comment