Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankful and Blessed...

Well, the turkey has been served, leftovers reheated and family hugged.  This year has truly been an amazing year.  At Sunday School we were discussing what we were thankful for and it got me thinking about what I am thankful for.

1.  Family - As much as we can drive each other up the wall at times, being unconditionally loved is one of the greatest blessings of all.

2.  Friends - I am truly blessed to have so many dear and wonderful friends.  Each day I am reminded about how fortunate I am to have my amazing friends!

3.  Freedom - To quote Ronald Reagan, "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream.  It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."  This year I had the opportunity to again participate in the Operation One Voice SOF Run and meet some of the amazing people who are the tip of the spear that continues to fight for our freedom and our peace.

4.  Health - In an age where there is a medication for everything and most things can be cured with a pill, I am thankful that even though I creak in some places I am still resoundingly healthy.  The fact that while I don't love running, I can get up and run 5 miles is a true blessing as so many cannot.

I could keep going and going, however, I will stop there.  It was mentioned to me this week that if we were given a dollar for every time we were thankful for something and had to give a dollar for every time we complained, would we have money or would we be broke?  Here's to hoping that everyone has a blessed week!

JCP
  

No comments:

Post a Comment