Monday, November 8, 2010

Run, Forrest, Run...

Well, first off, thank you everyone for your kind thoughts yesterday!  I LOVED the texts, Facebook messages and e-mails of encouragement.  Second, my internet connection this morning is tenuous at best, so I will attempt to summarize an absolutely amazing day succinctly.

We started Sunday morning at Gwinnett Arena and ran out in formation, the weather was a toasty 35 degrees (yes, I said 35, not 53).  What an amazing experience!  We traveled through Atlanta, Lagrange, and Columbus yesterday.  We bunked up last night in Columbus, right outside of Albany.  Right now the entire group is chilling  in the lobby preparing to head to Albany and giving each other a hard time for yesterday.

Every year in Albany they have a truly humbling ceremony for all of us who run.  It honestly makes you feel so incredibly proud to be an American.  They have so many veterans, current service men and women, local school children and media who either to run in with us or cheer us on as we proceed in.  Then, local restaurants come out and feed us all and it turns into a really fun picnic!

As much as I want to post more, my internet connection is not doing well and we are needing to load up the bus and head to our next PR stop!  Hopefully tonight I can post more about Day 1 and all about Day 2.

JCP

No comments:

Post a Comment